Issues with Samsung S23 (Android 14, One UI 6.0)

• Never had problems with anything before but I recently switched to a new phone and now cannot use Simplenote anymore :/ It still works fine on my old phone, computer, computer browser.

The native app freezes all the time. The steps to reproduce are simply 1. launch the app, 2. open (or create) a note. That’s it, freezes 100% of the time.

I’m using Android 14, One UI 6.0. The phone model is Galaxy S23 / SM-S911B.

The app should be up-to-date, I have also reinstalled it a couple of times. 6.38.2.

There’s another issue that seems unrelated to the bug above but since I only experience it on my new Samsung phone, I thought I would mention it. Accessing app.simplenote.com through browser (Firefox) or using the browser app allows me to open notes and to write, but I cannot delete anything. Backspace starts cycling through suggestions for some reason.

• Hi, @piapompey!

I’m using Android 14, One UI 6.0. The phone model is Galaxy S23 / SM-S911B.

I’m running a similar setup to yours with Android 14 and One UI 6.0 on an S23 Ultra, and so far, I’m still able to open and create notes just fine.

Can you let us know the Simplenote app version you have installed? Mine is 2.30 (162). You can check yours from the app’s Settings > About.

Accessing app.simplenote.com through browser (Firefox) or using the browser app allows me to open notes and to write, but I cannot delete anything. Backspace starts cycling through suggestions for some reason.

Is this happening on a desktop browser? Or also on your S23 using a mobile browser?

• Similar problem on Pixel 6A. Simplenote 2.30. App opens, but freezes. Just system notices saying not responding, wait or close.

i really depend on this app to sync between devices.

Currently useless.

• Mine is also 2.30.

Both issues mentioned only happen on the S23 phone. App is working just fine on desktop browser, native Linux app, my old Android phone.

• @piapompey and @johnnyprofane1 can you please try the web app on your devices at https://app.simplenote.com/ and let me know if you have troubles there as well on your phones or if things work for you OK?

• koumeiishiiemail2 · Member ·

Pixel7 also.
    Probably all android14.

• Both issues mentioned in this thread are valid for Samsung S22 Ultra with UI 6 installed too.

Application freezes, app.simplenote in Chrome don’t allowing to use backspase at all…

Surprisingly long time for bugfixing of application version 2.30… :(

• @staff-mobilefox the behaviour of the web app is exactly the same regardless of whether I access it through the browser directly (as you suggested) or if I use the browser app. I specified this in my original post.

It also doesn’t matter which browser I use. I have tried with Firefox and Brave, exactly the same behaviour.

• A bit of an update. After posting here the other day, I thought I’d check if Simpenote works again. And it did work fine… for a bit. Then the next time I tried using it a few hours later it was immediately freezing like before. So I suspect it is something cache-related. Not using the app for several days/weeks until the cache has been cleared results in it working for a while – and then it stops working again.

So here’s some extra information about reproducing the issue: it doesn’t appear immediately. Install the app, use it for a few minutes, then leave it for a few hours and try again.

Reply to Issues with Samsung S23 (Android 14, One UI 6.0)